Monday, September 13, 2010

Sticks in Dresses ;; Is THIS what is considered Beautiful?

When I turn on the TV and watch the latest cat walk shows I've recorded on my foxtelbox I am scared to think what other girls my age think about when they see catwalk shows on the screen and stick thin models in photo shoots.
How do they feel when they see these women/girls literally killing themselves to say/claim they are the definition of beauty? Is that what modern day beauty is?
Is the perfect women/girl described in a clothing size? In the measurements of her waist? Is the only way a woman can be considered beautiful nowa-days is to be a size 0?
I think a REAL woman/girl should feel comfortable in her own skin and  shouldn't have to be constantly standing in front of the mirror wondering if she is too 'fat' or really needs some better makeup to hide pimples&zits! Because that is what beauty truly is, it is being comfortable with yourself, being your own best friend and when people question your style you stand up for it because it's who you are! The modern day teen isn't stick thin! I mean seriously! I was watching the news (I know like what is wrong with me! :P) and there is a 15 year old model who is considered "PLUS SIZED" because she is size 10! Size 10 for goodness sakes! THAT IS NOT PLUS SIZED!
The media has blown beauty&modelling to a scale to where it just isn't nice anymore, it is a cruel industry which desperately needs a change! And I think this generation needs to make it change! Because together we can change the fashion industry for the better!
What are you're views on this topic? Comment below!
Lots of Love xx JiMMEE CHOUU xx

No comments:

Post a Comment